Standards and Controls for High Quality Pesticide Analysis in Cannabis and Cannabis Resins
Cannabis is rapidly moving into its commercial future. Most states and provinces launching regulated medical or retail cannabis sales are requiring fairly stringent pesticide testing at some level of the supply chain.
As recently as 2014, little was known about actual pesticide use in cannabis production, let alone analytical methods for reliably detecting them. Here, we review the basic technologies and methodology used for the detection of pesticides in cannabis and cannabis resins.
Further, we will discuss the value of using method validation strategies and Quality Control systems to drive improvement of method sensitivity, precision, and accuracy.
Anthony will discuss:
- The chemical and physical challenges in testing cannabis for pesticides
- Current and past technologies and methods for cannabis pesticide testing
- Appropriate controls and standards for analytical method performance
- Quality control, traceability and benchmarking in analytical testing for pesticides
- The pursuit and measurement of sensitivity, precision & accuracy
- Sample, batch and method QC testing
- Data realization--qualifying data in a production setting