Formulating Cannabinoid Particles for Therapeutics
Recent literature increasingly supports the therapeutic use of cannabinoids in the development of novel medicines. Nanoparticles play a crucial role in increasing the solubility, stability, benefits and safety of cannabinoids as therapeutic agents. In this webinar, we review the challenges of cannabinoid-based drug development, and present the opportunities of nanotechnology in formulating cannabinoid nanoparticles.
During this webinar we will discuss:
- Clinical Snapshot: History and challenges of cannabinoid-based drug development
- Technology Overview: Opportunities in nanotechnology and the microfluidic approach
- Characterization Methods: ELISA for dissolution studies
- Sample Preparation Challenges: Polymer nanoparticles, liposomes, emulsions on the HPLC
- Research Findings: The impact of lipid composition on liposome stability and cannabinoid drug encapsulation efficiency