New Drug Group Launched to Improve the UK’s Access to Medical Cannabis
Complete the form below and we will email you a PDF version of "New Drug Group Launched to Improve the UK’s Access to Medical Cannabis "
Medical cannabis research and production firm Cannuba is working in partnership with the UK’s leading independent scientific body on drugs in launching the Drug Science Cannabis Working Group.
The group, which launched at the charity Drug Science’s annual reception at the UK’s House of Lords on Wednesday 22 May 2019, will develop approaches to improving patient access to medical cannabis in the UK.
The working group includes leading drug science experts, patient representatives, policy makers and other industry partners.
Among its many goals, the group aims to:
- Explore routes to implementation of medical cannabis, such as the creation of special interest clinical groups that can work together using standard diagnostic and outcome protocols to rapidly evaluate the values of medical cannabis in real clinical settings.
- Provide an accredited medical educational online platform that is evidence based, independent, free from bias and widely/freely available to healthcare professionals.
- Review benefit/risk relationships collected in current medical cannabis jurisdictions in Canadian, Dutch, Australian, and German health authority databases.
- Work with health technology experts to develop a detailed model of the cost-benefit of medical cannabis. This will include an assessment of the "hidden" benefits such as the reduction in illicit drug use and reduced costs of opioid and other painkiller medicines to the NHS.
- Develop an overview of the current status of the medical cannabis in the UK with comprehensive delineation of the blocks and problems, and with a road map to overcoming these.
“Cannuba is both honoured and excited to be a part of the Drug Science Working Group,” said Rob James, CEO of Cannuba Ltd. “We will be working alongside leading industry professionals to assist with integral research. With the right due diligence in place, our aim is to help people all over the UK gain access to life-changing medical products. This is a unique and privileged opportunity and puts Cannuba at the very forefront of meaningful scientific research”
This article has been republished from materials provided by Cannuba. Note: material may have been edited for length and content. For further information, please contact the cited source.